1) What is Certificate of Origin (COO)
Certificate of Origin is a document to establish evidence on the origin of the goods imported into any country. The certificates are issued under the scope of the Rules of Origin of any importing country that grants such concessions to tariff or merely stipulates a non preferential certificate without granting any tariff concession.
2) Types of COO
Currently, there are three types of COO;
1. Ordinary COO – It is used to satisfy your buyers that the products exported are wholly obtained or produced or manufactured in Brunei depending on the Rules of Origin. Ordinary Form (Form TRD 1)
2. Preferential COO – A document in a designated format, which is used to claiming preferential treatment at lower or no tariff on trade between the signatory parties of a trading arrangement leading to a free trade area. It can also help improve the competitive edge of your exports under one of the available Schemes of Preference and Free Trade Agreements listed. For more details click here
3. Form A (Generalized System of Preferences (GSP))
3) What are the contact numbers to reach MoFAT regarding COO?
You can contact on the following numbers:
Telephone : +673 2383374/86
Fax : +673 2381302